Skip to main content

Apple Festival

OK,  I was too excited to wait on this new post.  We went to the Hendersonville Apple Festival this afternoon.  We have lived here 2 years and this was our first time going.  It was fun.  People had their crafts for sale and of course, lots of apples.  Anyways, center stage, a band was performing old rock n roll music.  We stopped to take a break and enjoy ice cream.  While sitting there, a square dancer asked Larry Denzil to be her partner in the square dancing routine.  Talk about a laugh, I hope you guys enjoy the pictures.  Did I forget to mention that the Hurts were in for a visit?


Ok, here is Larry Denzil having a great time square dancing.

I think he has found his true calling.

Here is little Larry relaxing during the bands gig.
Here is Larry Denzil and the little old lady who
asked him to be her partner.  Poor thing, I do not
think she read the back of his shirt.  He had the number 
7 and at the top it said Baby Maker.  This was his
work soft ball shirt.
He is actually enjoying himself.
The crowd behind me was going wild for him.  He was just so
animated and actually pretty good.


Here is Xander.  1st he had cotton candy, and then he enjoyed some
ice cream.  When I asked him what his favorite part of the
festival was, he said "the cotton candy, the ice cream, oh just eating."

Here is Savannah enjoying her ice cream on such a hot afternoon.
It had been cool and rainy all week.  At the festival, it was sunny and
92 degrees.  YIKES!

Here is Emalene enjoying her sweet treat.  Isn't she cute?

Here is Ethan and Denzil.  Ethan was so excited to have a sleepover
with his best friend.  Finally someone his age.



Ok, here is my Ruby Isabella.  Larry Denzil bought the cotton candy for little Larry 
but could not find him and Ruby wanted it.  Then Larry Denzil bought
the ice cream for himself and again, Ruby wanted it.  Can you tell she gets just about
everything she wants.


Ok, the Hendersonville air museum was there and had this little fun ride.
My kids enjoyed it so much and it was the only free ride there.

Here is Xander and Emalene.  Xander is such a sweet heart.



Here is the gang hanging out.  They are all 
wearing McCain stickers that some men were
handing out.  This festival had lots of little free things.

Here is Ruby and big brother Xander.
He loves her so much.




They had these beautiful statues all over the place.
I do not know what they were for, but Xander wanted to hop on all 
of them.
Here is the Dippin Dots man.  Dippin Dots are a huge
fad here.  I have never actually had them tough.

Here are all the kids.  Look at Ruby in the middle.
Her leg is stretched out to the side like that to prevent
Ethan from sitting next to her.  She does this everyday 
at school in the double stroller.  Poor little guy 
just cannot catch a break.

Ethan and Denzil were truly inseparable.  They rode in the car together
and walked together and just shared everything.  It was
truly nice to see. 

Here are my two youngest.  I hope you all enjoy the pictures
 as much as we enjoyed the festival.  We came away with many memories and a 
bushel of Granny Smith and Empire apples.  MMMMM!

Comments

Holly and Dan said…
The pictures of Larry square dancing - priceless!! Oh, I wish I could have seen it in person! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love festivals like that.
I know we are supposed to be focusing on the kids but seeing Larry square dance was a real treat! I guess all those young men and women classes paid off. Oh my favorite picture has got to be the one of Ruby with the Cotton Candy and the Ice cream. That would have been a dream for me!
JoJuan said…
Okay, so much to comment on this post, I hope I don't forget!! First, I love Ruby's dress. It's adorable. Second, Larry Denzil is totally cracking me up with the dancing. It's is so Larry to ham it up. I'm glad the crowd got a kick out of it. Third, how come you guys go to such cool festivals and other thingeys there? You're town seems to be so full of Norman Rockwell activities. Fourth, how fun it must have been to have the Hurts down. You got some great pics to help you remember the great day.
The Arrrrrgalls said…
Loved all your pics from the Apple Festival, that is always a fun thing. I saw the pic of you kiddies in the "gyrocopter". I actually belong to the Hendersonville Air Museum. It's a really fun club to belong to. We have air shows, monthly meetings, cool planes that fly in and out. The best part for you is that the Museum is totally FREE!! There are some wonderful men there (who were in WWII and Korea) to show you around. Ask for Ray Seeley, he is my favorite and he is sooo sweet. All kinds of planes for the kids to see, and did I say it's FREE. Just had to pass that along! Oh, and tell Larry keep up the square dancing skills!!

Popular posts from this blog

Girls Camp

 This year, Savannah got to attend her very first girls camp. Here she is with Morgan, another first timer.  Not sure how Savannah would have done without Sister Skroski. She showed Savannah the ropes and really took care of her in my absence.  Savannah all excited to leave. I can only guess what these last few pictures are. Savannah had a great time and Larry was there as a priesthood chaperone so she was not completely alone. This summer was a summer of firsts for my girl. She had her first girls camp, her first youth Temple trip and her first talk in sacrament. Wow!

Tennessee Adventures with the Hurts

 This summer, Ethan was able to go to Denzil's for 2 weeks. Of course he had a blast, and came back a new boy. He learned to ride a bike, and came home darker if that s at all possible. To drop Ethan off, we met Jason & Sheba , in Knoxville. Sheba's GPS found this neat park in rather a shady area of Knoxville. Emalene is a good model, always willing to pose when I say smile.  Here is my little Ruby in deep concentration.  Ethan did not even look back when he left me.  Gator with the big boys.  Emalene in her favorite color, and Ruby in hers. How cute are they?  A group shot at the drop off.  These monkey bars, kept the kids entertained for a while. Each one tried to make it across. Not sure any succeeded.  Here is Gator trying to reach.  Finally he found a sucker.  Look at him hang by himself.  Denzil looks very unsure about this. We thought we could get a group shot, but the wheel kept spinning and little arms got tired.  The two amigos.  A group shot at t

A New Year

So Larry & I started the new year with a new church calling and some new goals. I am still a relief society teacher which I quite enjoy till I learn my lesson is just 1 page front and back. Luckily we have a lot of sisters willing to share their thoughts and ideas. Larry is now 2nd counselor in the Branch presidency. He would rather be seminary teacher. Maybe with our next move. We always joke about moves with callings, but I think we are here for a while longer. Now onto our goals. So Larry & I are trying to become debt free. 2009 was a little unfriendly to us with some unexpected medical expenses with both Savannah & Larry. Usually the 2 are quite healthy children or get sick at entirely different times. Not in 2009. And little Larry's situation unexpectedly involved more hospital visits / stays, medical supplies, and just round trips between Baltimore and Asheville. But hopefully all that is behind us now. Each year, Larry has to take CPE (continuing education)