CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Summer Excursion

Just wanted to share that we are now 12 month pass holders
to the largest privately owned home here in Asheville.
The kids and I are quite excited to explore the once
125,000 acre estate and pick out a favorite
picnic spot.  Not sure how large the estate is now.

I doubt we will visit the 4 acres of floor
space (how many square feet is that?) the house
boasts.  But if anyone wants to stop and visit this
summer, we can get discounted tickets.

2 comments:

J and C said...

There is the great pond on the way out of Biltmore it is on the right of the road, when you are on the back sid eof the house, there is a little dirt raod right before the pond, you can turn and go over a little rock bridge and tehn pull over at anytime. There is agreat photo op - of the back of the biltmore and there are a bunch of ducks to feed. I hope you find it, it was one of my favorite spots!

Marsha said...

I will definitely be hunting these spots down. Savannah and I are quite excited. We spent 1 full day and did not come close to seeing the entire grounds.