Skip to main content

Larry's 1st Grade Production of Caps For Sale

Today was Larry's first grade production of the book Caps For Sale.  It was very entertaining and very brief.  It kept Ethan's & Ruby's attention the whole time.  Yay!  That is my kind of school play.
This is a very busy time for me.  I had a parent teacher conference with Larry's teacher Mrs. Howie.  All good things.  He is at mid 2nd grade reading level and reads chapter books well.  His writing is at 2nd grade level and his math is at and above level depending on what you are looking at.  His teacher tells me he will have no problems next year.  I am THRILLED.  Now I know his strengths and I will be testing him on them this summer.
Next week is Xander's Kindergarten graduation.  I cannot believe it has already come to that. Last I heard, he is right on track and above level in some areas as well.  Savannah had a conference last week and just finished her EOG.  She has made great progress this year.  I just wish I could keep her working all summer so she does not lose anything she has already learned.  I will have to find something to motivate her.  Summer school starts in just 2 weeks.  Not much of a break there.  The last day of school is next thursday.  When can Ethan start school?  
Larry Denzil and Benny had a video chat last night.  It was really neat.  We got to tour his home and see little Ava.  She is very beautiful.  Benny helped Larry Denzil with the computer.  He is starting to like it more and more each day.  He and the computer had a falling out sunday and Larry was seriously ready to send it back.  You Robert's have absolutely no patience with things. He did not want to take the time to learn.  Instead he just ranted and raved.  Fun for me and the kids.
Larry Denzil has really bad poison ivy on his hands that seems to be spreading up his arms.  It is a week old now.  I think it is getting better.  He got this when he went to cut some wood in hopes of free firewood.  Needless to say, he left the wood.
Ruby has entered her terrible twos.  She is in a crying fit right now because I swapped her Nubby supposedly no spill sipper cups that leaked all over the place for the playtex brand that I knew did not leak.  Now she is angry because she has to work harder for her milk.  She is slowly adjusting.  Can you see the personality similarities in father and daughter?
I couldn't add the entire play, so I added the small bit that showed my Larry.  He was a little monkey.
 We hope everyone is healthy and happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls Camp

 This year, Savannah got to attend her very first girls camp. Here she is with Morgan, another first timer.  Not sure how Savannah would have done without Sister Skroski. She showed Savannah the ropes and really took care of her in my absence.  Savannah all excited to leave. I can only guess what these last few pictures are. Savannah had a great time and Larry was there as a priesthood chaperone so she was not completely alone. This summer was a summer of firsts for my girl. She had her first girls camp, her first youth Temple trip and her first talk in sacrament. Wow!

Merry Christmas

Seasons Greetings Biltmore passes: $80.00 Santa hats & tape: $10.00 Silent Night: priceless Happy Holidays Love, Larry Denzil, Marsha, Savannah, Ethan, Ruby, little Larry, & Xander

Tennessee Adventures with the Hurts

 This summer, Ethan was able to go to Denzil's for 2 weeks. Of course he had a blast, and came back a new boy. He learned to ride a bike, and came home darker if that s at all possible. To drop Ethan off, we met Jason & Sheba , in Knoxville. Sheba's GPS found this neat park in rather a shady area of Knoxville. Emalene is a good model, always willing to pose when I say smile.  Here is my little Ruby in deep concentration.  Ethan did not even look back when he left me.  Gator with the big boys.  Emalene in her favorite color, and Ruby in hers. How cute are they?  A group shot at the drop off.  These monkey bars, kept the kids entertained for a while. Each one tried to make it across. Not sure any succeeded.  Here is Gator trying to reach.  Finally he found a sucker.  Look at him hang by himself.  Denzil looks very unsure about this. We thought we could get a group shot, but the wheel kept spinning and little arms got tired.  The two amigos.  A group shot at t