Skip to main content

Pumpkin Carving

Today was our annual trick or trunk.  To prepare for the festivities, we carved out pumpkins all day long.  Doesn't that just sound like so much fun.  One mommy, 5 kids, and 5 pumpkins.

So this is the one and only pumpkin that grew in our garden.
I think next year, we will plant them early in hopes of getting
more pumpkins than 1.  Not to mention having a bigger
pumpkin than what we had.  But this was 
the perfect pumpkin for Ruby.
She loved it.

Ruby is just thrilled to death with her pumpkin.

Here she is scooping out the guts.  It was really
difficult for me to keep her from eating the pumpkin.
She thought it was like one great big apple.

Here is Ethan and Larry cleaning the insides of their pumpkins.
This was our fun time while the others were away at school.


Here are my school kids taking their turns at cleaning out
their tiny little pumpkins.  Can I just say, if you are
going to carve pumpkins, little ones are not the 
way to go.  It took me forever to carve all these.

So the small pumpkin on the left is Ruby's.  She
chose a cat stencil for her carving.  Although,
she did not know I was going to hack her pumpkin up.
She got extremely angry with me when she
saw me cutting on it.

Here are all 5 of our carved pumpkins.

Not the best of pictures.  Xander had
frankenstein, Savannah had a witch, Larry had Boo eyes,
Ethan had a spider, and Ruby had a kitty cat.

Comments

Okay Martha Stewart!! Those pumpkins look professional. Are you sure you didn't buy them?? JJ

Popular posts from this blog

Girls Camp

 This year, Savannah got to attend her very first girls camp. Here she is with Morgan, another first timer.  Not sure how Savannah would have done without Sister Skroski. She showed Savannah the ropes and really took care of her in my absence.  Savannah all excited to leave. I can only guess what these last few pictures are. Savannah had a great time and Larry was there as a priesthood chaperone so she was not completely alone. This summer was a summer of firsts for my girl. She had her first girls camp, her first youth Temple trip and her first talk in sacrament. Wow!

Merry Christmas

Seasons Greetings Biltmore passes: $80.00 Santa hats & tape: $10.00 Silent Night: priceless Happy Holidays Love, Larry Denzil, Marsha, Savannah, Ethan, Ruby, little Larry, & Xander

12 Wonderful Years

Saturday was mine and Larry's 12 year anniversary.  We enjoyed an absolute wonderful weekend together.  Larry was able to get off work friday at a decent time and did not have to go in on saturday.  And on Sunday, he did not have the early morning church meetings, so we were able to drive together.  As a matter of fact, we were able to enjoy a beautiful Christmas cantata on a gorgeous Sabbath morning. Friday evening we enjoyed  Don't ask me how I talked Larry Denzil into this, but I did and I enjoyed every minute of it. This was such a happy, girlie movie and I truly did enjoy every moment of it.  I love musicals and especially love music of the 70's.  I could remember so many of the songs as if they were new.  Listening to them in my dad's '73 camaro as he picked me up from the day care. Wow, how time flies. On saturday, I enjoyed breakfast that Larry prepared with the kids.  It was so nice to not have to cook.  Notice I did not say clean.  He did leave the mess fo