CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Green Cleaning

So today I felt like cleaning our finger print smudged
windows.  To my surprise, I was completely out of window
cleaner.  I did not want to run to the store just for glass
cleaner, but at the same time, I did not want this June Cleaver
moment to leave me.  So I googled homemade glass
cleaner.  You would be amazed at how many there are.
So I chose one and whipped up a batch of glass cleaner:

1 cup rubbing alcohol
1 cup water
1 tbsp vinegar

I am amazed at how well it works and how much
cheaper it was than a bottle of Windex.
I think as I begin running out of cleaners, I may try
some other homemade concoctions.

If you know of other household cleaning recipes,
please let me know the recipe in the comment section.

Happy Green Cleaning Everyone.

3 comments:

D, A, B, Z, and Ak said...

My friend has mixed up a batch of homemade laundry detergent from the Duggers Website (that family with like 18 kids) --- I've been meaning to go look and try it myself! She says it works good and it's a lot cheaper - so that should motivate me! (:

J and C said...

Wahoo! I think you are a genius, I have been doing this too and am happy with the results. Also, I have the recipe for laundry detergent too if you want it. I ahve already gone through one batch. It works well, although I might need a white brightener, cuz I am not sure it is doing it's job on white clothes as well. (I'll have to test this out and report for later.)

Mari said...

I use the detergent off the Simple Dollar website- not sure how it is different, but it works well for me. I do use Oxi-Clean with my whites, but I was doing that before with my regular detergent, so I can't tell you how it does on its own. The only problem is tracking down washing soda... anyone around here know where I can find it? I finally found it in one grocery store back in Arizona, but no luck here so far.