Skip to main content

Carpet of Flowers

This week we got to visit the carpet of flowers at
the Biltmore.
Every time I visit this place, it
takes my breath away.
A small view of the carpet with the mountains in the back
ground. I love being surrounded by all these beautiful
mountains. In Black Mountain, we have the 7 sisters
range. Larry thinks it is ironic to still
be surrounded by 7 sisters.
I wish I had a ticket for the roof top.
I can only imagine what the flowers looked
like from a higher level.

My family.
Beautiful Savvy.
My little thinking man.
A precious moment.
Some fountain fun.


Ruby having some fun on the garden stage.
I can't believe I was able to snap this
shot of her in mid air.
My 3 boys.


I love Japanese Maples.
One of many fountains.
My favorite picture of the Japanese Wisteria.
I took this same shot in early spring before
the leaves had grown. Makes me feel like I am
in Greece walking along the acropolis or
some other beautiful structure.
The carpet of flowers. It is amazing
what a landscaper can come up with.
A mushroom we came upon on one of the trails.
The kids were thrilled at its resemblance to
a golf ball. I love nature.
A side shot of the Biltmore.
Xander and Ethan in line for some
fresh churned vanilla ice cream
We got lucky when we went to the farm.
A display was just finishing up and we were treated
to some very delicious ice cream.
My kids must have spent over 30 minutes playing
this ring tossing game.


My boys again.
My little pioneers. Ruby Loved this bonnet.
Am I going to have to make her one?
The kids fell in love with these chickens.
They were absolutely beautiful.
Xander looking cool.
The all took turns on the tractor. What is it about
kids and tractors?




Such an old soul.
Original Barn built in 1902.
Apparently Mrs. Vanderbilt had a strong
interest in agriculture.
I love this video of Ruby.
She got to help the lady carry some
baby chicks to their "bed." She was very concerned
with the chicks Mommy. She felt like they missed
her. And the second video shows my
wild man hula hooping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls Camp

 This year, Savannah got to attend her very first girls camp. Here she is with Morgan, another first timer.  Not sure how Savannah would have done without Sister Skroski. She showed Savannah the ropes and really took care of her in my absence.  Savannah all excited to leave. I can only guess what these last few pictures are. Savannah had a great time and Larry was there as a priesthood chaperone so she was not completely alone. This summer was a summer of firsts for my girl. She had her first girls camp, her first youth Temple trip and her first talk in sacrament. Wow!

Merry Christmas

Seasons Greetings Biltmore passes: $80.00 Santa hats & tape: $10.00 Silent Night: priceless Happy Holidays Love, Larry Denzil, Marsha, Savannah, Ethan, Ruby, little Larry, & Xander

12 Wonderful Years

Saturday was mine and Larry's 12 year anniversary.  We enjoyed an absolute wonderful weekend together.  Larry was able to get off work friday at a decent time and did not have to go in on saturday.  And on Sunday, he did not have the early morning church meetings, so we were able to drive together.  As a matter of fact, we were able to enjoy a beautiful Christmas cantata on a gorgeous Sabbath morning. Friday evening we enjoyed  Don't ask me how I talked Larry Denzil into this, but I did and I enjoyed every minute of it. This was such a happy, girlie movie and I truly did enjoy every moment of it.  I love musicals and especially love music of the 70's.  I could remember so many of the songs as if they were new.  Listening to them in my dad's '73 camaro as he picked me up from the day care. Wow, how time flies. On saturday, I enjoyed breakfast that Larry prepared with the kids.  It was so nice to not have to cook.  Notice I did not say clean.  He did leave the mess fo