Skip to main content

Savannah Yuki

Savannah is growing up so quickly I need
to record all her little milestones.
But there are some I was not quite
prepared for.
Here is my not so little girl, proudly
wearing a Hannah Montana dress given to her
by her most favorite teacher in the whole wide world.
A few more shoe sizes and a few more inches, we
will be the same size.
Of course that is not saying much when your mommy
is just 5 feet tall. But we keep telling the poor girl
she can't have boyfriends till she is as tall
as Aunt Holly. So reaching mommy's height
will be a big deal because she will
just have another foot to grow.

So here is what I was not quite prepared for.
I was just watching an old friends video on her blog
of the celebration of their daughter's second month.
I remember those days when Savannah loved me whole
heartedly and listened to every thing I said.
But then she learned to talk and formed her own opinions.
Sigh.
Here is what she looked like when I picked her up from school this
afternoon. Can you see it around her lips?
Lipstick!
Her father bought her makeup saturday and we told her,
she is not allowed to wear it to school, church, or even out of the house.
Well, when I picked her up, I noticed
some on her face. I asked her if she had lipstick
in her bag and her reply was "Yes mommy,
it was accidentally in my bag." So I suppose
it accidentally hopped out of her bag and landed on those
lips and then was hastily wiped off lips when
Mommy's van appeared. I do not
wear makeup or know anything about makeup
so Aunt Holly and Krista (Lynette says
you are the two to go to),
can you please teach your
niece how to wear it appropriately when she finally becomes of age?
It will really help out my sanity.

On a different topic, but while I am here:
Ms. Ruby bit the tar out of her big brother
Ethan. Can you see it? He was sitting where she wanted to be
so she bit him. On the back! At church!
Some of you may have heard him scream before sacrament
meeting.
Poor little fellow.
They have since made up, but I cannot believe
I am having to deal with such a thing. The
other 4 never bit.


Comments

Remodelaholic said…
Wow, she really is looking grown up! I am sad we're missing it!
this is an alien infestation - KILL IT

Popular posts from this blog

Girls Camp

 This year, Savannah got to attend her very first girls camp. Here she is with Morgan, another first timer.  Not sure how Savannah would have done without Sister Skroski. She showed Savannah the ropes and really took care of her in my absence.  Savannah all excited to leave. I can only guess what these last few pictures are. Savannah had a great time and Larry was there as a priesthood chaperone so she was not completely alone. This summer was a summer of firsts for my girl. She had her first girls camp, her first youth Temple trip and her first talk in sacrament. Wow!

Merry Christmas

Seasons Greetings Biltmore passes: $80.00 Santa hats & tape: $10.00 Silent Night: priceless Happy Holidays Love, Larry Denzil, Marsha, Savannah, Ethan, Ruby, little Larry, & Xander

12 Wonderful Years

Saturday was mine and Larry's 12 year anniversary.  We enjoyed an absolute wonderful weekend together.  Larry was able to get off work friday at a decent time and did not have to go in on saturday.  And on Sunday, he did not have the early morning church meetings, so we were able to drive together.  As a matter of fact, we were able to enjoy a beautiful Christmas cantata on a gorgeous Sabbath morning. Friday evening we enjoyed  Don't ask me how I talked Larry Denzil into this, but I did and I enjoyed every minute of it. This was such a happy, girlie movie and I truly did enjoy every moment of it.  I love musicals and especially love music of the 70's.  I could remember so many of the songs as if they were new.  Listening to them in my dad's '73 camaro as he picked me up from the day care. Wow, how time flies. On saturday, I enjoyed breakfast that Larry prepared with the kids.  It was so nice to not have to cook.  Notice I did not say clean.  He did leave the mess fo