Skip to main content

Some finished, near finished, and just started projects

This weekend I had the opportunity to pick up
an old project and begin working again.
This is Ruby's quilt.
I have done a a star quilt for the 3 older kids
and want to keep that tradition going.
Yes, I said 3 older kids. I have not
done a quilt for Ethan yet.

I like to hand piece and quilt everything.
Originally I did this because I did
not know how to use a machine.
Now I know how to use one, but
don't want one of my kids to ask me
why I did not take the time to hand piece
their quilt as well.
It is really neat because they can see how
mommy or even Mamaw stitched.
Savannah is blessed enough to have
a star on her quilt that Mamaw quilted to show me
how it is done.

Here are the 3 stars I completed saturday and sunday.
Yes, I only completed 3. I had to cut some fabric pieces
as well, so it took me longer.

My first Sun Bonnet Sue.
When I was pregnant with Savannah years ago,
my mother in law took me visiting teaching with her.
We visited a dear elderly woman, Sister Glancy who had
a love for quilting. At the time, she was working on a twin sized
sun bonnet sue quilt. It was absolutely GORGEOUS.
She had all sorts of little things embroidered
on it. Little butterflies, birds, baskets, flowers,
umbrellas.... Obviously mine is not quite
so decorated. I did buy a book
on how to embroider and
embroidered Ruby's name on each sue block.
I may get some courage and try to add more to each sue.





Do you see the Ruby all spelled out.
I am so in love with that name and even more
in love with that little girl.

The three spell out Isa Bel la.

Onto my finished and almost finished. I completed
another gator scarf and am almost finished with the
dragon scarf.
I like the scales on the dragon,
but I will say the gator turned out so
much better.

Comments

Remodelaholic said…
Marsha! WOW! I absolutely cannot quilt! It is so hard to get it all to lay flat! Way to go!

p.s. (come by and leave one more comment on the post, technically you gat to enter twice, since you have the button up on your blog! Good luck)
Anonymous said…
Beautiful handiwork! It's fun to see what you create. I especially liked the reptile scarves!

Love,
Brysha
Genny said…
I don't know how to sew... I always admire people who can sew and quilt like you do. What wonderful projects you're working on!

Stopping by from MBC to follow. Hope to see you at my blog too!

Genny
I love the Sun Bonnet Sue!

Popular posts from this blog

Girls Camp

 This year, Savannah got to attend her very first girls camp. Here she is with Morgan, another first timer.  Not sure how Savannah would have done without Sister Skroski. She showed Savannah the ropes and really took care of her in my absence.  Savannah all excited to leave. I can only guess what these last few pictures are. Savannah had a great time and Larry was there as a priesthood chaperone so she was not completely alone. This summer was a summer of firsts for my girl. She had her first girls camp, her first youth Temple trip and her first talk in sacrament. Wow!

Merry Christmas

Seasons Greetings Biltmore passes: $80.00 Santa hats & tape: $10.00 Silent Night: priceless Happy Holidays Love, Larry Denzil, Marsha, Savannah, Ethan, Ruby, little Larry, & Xander

12 Wonderful Years

Saturday was mine and Larry's 12 year anniversary.  We enjoyed an absolute wonderful weekend together.  Larry was able to get off work friday at a decent time and did not have to go in on saturday.  And on Sunday, he did not have the early morning church meetings, so we were able to drive together.  As a matter of fact, we were able to enjoy a beautiful Christmas cantata on a gorgeous Sabbath morning. Friday evening we enjoyed  Don't ask me how I talked Larry Denzil into this, but I did and I enjoyed every minute of it. This was such a happy, girlie movie and I truly did enjoy every moment of it.  I love musicals and especially love music of the 70's.  I could remember so many of the songs as if they were new.  Listening to them in my dad's '73 camaro as he picked me up from the day care. Wow, how time flies. On saturday, I enjoyed breakfast that Larry prepared with the kids.  It was so nice to not have to cook.  Notice I did not say clean.  He did leave the mess fo