Skip to main content

Spring Cleaning

The first week of spring, I decided to do a little
spring cleaning. I honestly thought I could hit a few rooms
and feel good at the end of the day.
WRONG!
I started in Savannah's room because her room is always
the cleanest. I was shocked at what I found
lurking around unseen corners...
This massive pile of junk was found between the beds
and the walls. Can you believe kids
can shove that much stuff out of sight and
make a room look clean?
I sure am!

Her closet was overflowing with an
array of items. When I opened the door,
they literally came pouring out.


While I was working hard,
this is what Bella was doing.
After the 3rd day of cleaning,
yes 3rd day in that room, I wanted
to do the same.

Because I was trying to do a thorough cleaning,
I even went through all of the girls toys.
I guess a few barbies did not survive the filth.


Each year, I do a good cleaning of the kids bedrooms.
And each year, I am amazed at what new
hiding spot they will come up with.
This is a pencil or makeup bag full of
dirty boy socks.

Here is a bulk of our food storage. We keep it
under the girls bunk. Never in my wildest dreams, would I think
that the boys would try and shove their clean clothes
here. But they did.

So it took me three very long days to clean.
2 garbage bags of broken junk, and 1 large bag
of outgrown clothes, I was starting to see cleanliness.


The girls book case was semi orderly
without all of Savannah's old home work
and papers.

Ruby had a bed that she could sleep on with out the
hidden mounds of clothes and shoes
scattered here and there.

Each day, my pile was getting smaller and smaller
and the girls room was no longer looking like
a junk yard.

Here is Ruby enjoying a floor.
The boxes against the wall are all
our new hardwood flooring.
The month of April is when we are
desperate to lay it all down.

Will I tackle the boys room?
To be honest I am very scared.
Friday morning, when I went in their room to turn
out the lights, this is what I found.
Those are 2 pairs of boxer underwear hanging
from the curtain rod.
When I emailed Larry the photo,
he kindly reminded me that I am always telling them
to keep their stuff off the floors.
I am afraid. I am very afraid to see what new
hiding spots await me.

Comments

The Arrrrrgalls said…
I almost fell off my chair laughing at this post. My fav part is the headless barbie bodies, and the boy's under-roos on the curtain rod. Another priceless Roberts moment!!
bow mom said…
To funny. Can I put my house on the list next. I swear I spend a day a week in Clarissa's room. I did Hunter's today minus the closet.

You need to head this way!

Miss you.

Popular posts from this blog

Girls Camp

 This year, Savannah got to attend her very first girls camp. Here she is with Morgan, another first timer.  Not sure how Savannah would have done without Sister Skroski. She showed Savannah the ropes and really took care of her in my absence.  Savannah all excited to leave. I can only guess what these last few pictures are. Savannah had a great time and Larry was there as a priesthood chaperone so she was not completely alone. This summer was a summer of firsts for my girl. She had her first girls camp, her first youth Temple trip and her first talk in sacrament. Wow!

Merry Christmas

Seasons Greetings Biltmore passes: $80.00 Santa hats & tape: $10.00 Silent Night: priceless Happy Holidays Love, Larry Denzil, Marsha, Savannah, Ethan, Ruby, little Larry, & Xander

Tennessee Adventures with the Hurts

 This summer, Ethan was able to go to Denzil's for 2 weeks. Of course he had a blast, and came back a new boy. He learned to ride a bike, and came home darker if that s at all possible. To drop Ethan off, we met Jason & Sheba , in Knoxville. Sheba's GPS found this neat park in rather a shady area of Knoxville. Emalene is a good model, always willing to pose when I say smile.  Here is my little Ruby in deep concentration.  Ethan did not even look back when he left me.  Gator with the big boys.  Emalene in her favorite color, and Ruby in hers. How cute are they?  A group shot at the drop off.  These monkey bars, kept the kids entertained for a while. Each one tried to make it across. Not sure any succeeded.  Here is Gator trying to reach.  Finally he found a sucker.  Look at him hang by himself.  Denzil looks very unsure about this. We thought we could get a group shot, but the wheel kept spinning and little arms got tired.  The two amigos.  A group shot at t