Skip to main content

Savannah's 9th & Our Family Garden









Whay a busy weekend we had here! First off, I wanted to congratulate Benny and Hope on the birth of their beautiful baby girl, Ava. She is gorgeous. You can check out her pictures and their family news on their website listed in my Family & Friends Section.



Friday night, we borrowed a trailer from the Jones family and ran off to the Skroski family to borrow their tiller. That was our planned date night before the rain on Saturday. Fun, huh!? Well, Larry Denzil tilled till it got too dark. He at least finished the strawberry patch section. On Saturday morning, we were suppose to have thunderstorms, but did not. We had a wimpy sprinkling. So Larry Denzil was able to till quite a bit. He did over half our garden. His entire body was sore especially his back. He tilled some more Monday night and is still not done after 3 days of tilling. He is quite thorough and our garden plot is quite big. Not to mention, we spend more time tossing out rocks. So far, we have planted strawberries, onions, and peppers. Our tomatoes come in this afternoon and I am sure I will be out there planting away. We also have a cantaloupe plant, a water melon plant and some pumpkin and corn seeds to plant some time this
week.

Later Saturday evening, we decided to go to Lonestar Steakhouse to celebrate Savannah's 9th birthday. Kids eat free Saturday's so we took advantage of that. And Savannah loved it. She loves eating out and especially loves drinking root beer. Both her wishes were granted.



Sunday was Savannah's official birthday. We had cake and ice cream and Savannah wanted to invite the John's over. Sister John's and Rachel are two of Savannah's most favorite people at church. Sister John's used to be Savannah's primary teacher and Rachel is our regular baby sitter. I think Ethan John's enjoyed himself too. He is Savannah's age and just had a grand time playing with all our kids. Savannah's real gift, a keyboard, had not gotten here yet, but she enjoyed her other smaller gifts. She got a dance mat, some jewelry, a Himalayan Cat Webkin, clothes and money. The dance mat was a huge hit here. Everyone was dancing on it. The way Savannah was moving, I would say it was a great workout too.


Savannah also shared her birthday last Thursday at our Brownie Troop meeting. I made some Daisy cup cake cones to celebrate Earth Day. I had to take a picture of them because I had worked so hard on them.


I hope everyone else is having a wonderful and productive week like us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls Camp

 This year, Savannah got to attend her very first girls camp. Here she is with Morgan, another first timer.  Not sure how Savannah would have done without Sister Skroski. She showed Savannah the ropes and really took care of her in my absence.  Savannah all excited to leave. I can only guess what these last few pictures are. Savannah had a great time and Larry was there as a priesthood chaperone so she was not completely alone. This summer was a summer of firsts for my girl. She had her first girls camp, her first youth Temple trip and her first talk in sacrament. Wow!

12 Wonderful Years

Saturday was mine and Larry's 12 year anniversary.  We enjoyed an absolute wonderful weekend together.  Larry was able to get off work friday at a decent time and did not have to go in on saturday.  And on Sunday, he did not have the early morning church meetings, so we were able to drive together.  As a matter of fact, we were able to enjoy a beautiful Christmas cantata on a gorgeous Sabbath morning. Friday evening we enjoyed  Don't ask me how I talked Larry Denzil into this, but I did and I enjoyed every minute of it. This was such a happy, girlie movie and I truly did enjoy every moment of it.  I love musicals and especially love music of the 70's.  I could remember so many of the songs as if they were new.  Listening to them in my dad's '73 camaro as he picked me up from the day care. Wow, how time flies. On saturday, I enjoyed breakfast that Larry prepared with the kids.  It was so nice to not have to cook.  Notice I did not say clean.  He did leave the mess fo

Merry Christmas

Seasons Greetings Biltmore passes: $80.00 Santa hats & tape: $10.00 Silent Night: priceless Happy Holidays Love, Larry Denzil, Marsha, Savannah, Ethan, Ruby, little Larry, & Xander